This Calorie Calculator is based on several equations, and the results of the calculator are based on an estimated average. The Harris-Benedict Equation was one of the earliest equations used to calculate basal metabolic rate (BMR), which is the amount of energy expended per day at rest. It was revised in 1984 to be more accurate and was used up until 1990, when the Mifflin-St Jeor Equation was introduced. The Mifflin-St Jeor Equation also calculates BMR, and has been shown to be more accurate than the revised Harris-Benedict Equation. The Katch-McArdle Formula is slightly different in that it calculates resting daily energy expenditure (RDEE), which takes lean body mass into account, something that neither the Mifflin-St Jeor nor the Harris-Benedict Equation do. Of these equations, the Mifflin-St Jeor Equation is considered the most accurate equation for calculating BMR with the exception that the Katch-McArdle Formula can be more accurate for people who are leaner and know their body fat percentage. The three equations used by the calculator are listed below:
Niagara Falls, one of the most iconic natural wonders on Earth, has captivated the hearts and minds of people from around the world for centuries. This majestic natural spectacle, located on the border of the United States and Canada, is not just a breathtaking waterfall; it's an elegant display of the sheer power and beauty of nature. In this article, we will explore the awe-inspiring charm of Niagara Falls and the experiences it offers to visitors.
The Grandeur of Niagara Falls
Niagara Falls consists of three awe-inspiring waterfalls: the Horseshoe Falls, the American Falls, and the Bridal Veil Falls. Of these, the Horseshoe Falls, also known as the Canadian Falls, is the most massive and visually striking. As the name suggests, it resembles a horseshoe, and its sheer size is enough to leave anyone in awe.
Standing before the Horseshoe Falls, you're immediately struck by the thunderous roar of cascading water plummeting over the edge, creating a fine mist that rises into the air. This mist forms beautiful rainbows when sunlight interacts with it, adding to the overall enchantment of the place.
The American Falls, while smaller, is still an impressive sight to behold. It is known for its rugged beauty, with massive boulders at its base and an unspoiled natural environment on its shores. The Bridal Veil Falls, located next to the American Falls, is a narrow cascade of water resembling a delicate veil.
Experiencing Niagara Falls
- Maid of the Mist: One of the best ways to experience the falls up close is by taking a ride on the Maid of the Mist boat tour. The boat takes you right into the mist of the Horseshoe Falls, providing a thrilling and immersive experience.
- Cave of the Winds: On the American side, the Cave of the Winds tour allows visitors to get up close and personal with the American Falls. You'll be given a poncho and sandals as you walk along a series of wooden walkways that take you right to the base of the falls.
- Niagara Parks: The Niagara Parks on the Canadian side offer a variety of attractions, including beautifully landscaped gardens, scenic viewpoints, and a Butterfly Conservatory. The parks provide an excellent opportunity to explore the natural beauty surrounding the falls.
- Journey Behind the Falls: On the Canadian side, you can take the Journey Behind the Falls tour, which allows you to descend into tunnels that lead to observation decks right behind the Horseshoe Falls. Here, you can witness the raw power of the falls from a unique perspective.
- Niagara SkyWheel: For those seeking a different view, the Niagara SkyWheel on Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls, Canada, offers a panoramic view of the falls and the surrounding area. Riding it at night provides a breathtaking spectacle as the falls are illuminated.
Niagara Falls is not just a destination; it's an experience of nature's grandeur. Its elegance lies not only in the visual spectacle of the cascading water but also in the profound sense of wonder it inspires in all who visit. Whether you choose to explore it from a boat, behind the falls, or from above, you'll undoubtedly be left with a deep appreciation for the majesty of this natural wonder. Niagara Falls, with its timeless beauty and power, will continue to enchant and inspire generations to come.